Staff Service Awards and Recognition
Each year, staff employees with 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and even 50 years of qualifying service to CSULB are recognized at the annual Staff Service Awards and Recognition reception hosted by President Jane Close Conoley. Gifts and certificates of appreciation are presented to each recipient, and group photos are taken
The Service Awards and Recognition event is usually held in early June of each year. Employees who believe that they are due for recognition should contact their Administrative Services Manager to verify their years of service.
Service Award Program guidelines include:
"Years of service" is calculated from December 31 of the previous year. For example, if you started employment at the University in February of 2012 and had no breaks in service, you will have ten years of service in February of 2022 but will be recognized at the Staff Service Awards and Recognition event in June 2023.
- "Service" is defined as full-time, part-time, permanent or temporary, continuous employment.
- Intermittent/hourly employment is not included in calculations for the Service Awards.
- Employment at CSULB prior to a break in service is not included in the calculations.
- Service from other CSU campuses is not included.
- Campus auxiliary organizations are also included in this program.
Please be aware that the Service Awards program calculations are separate and distinct from those done by the Benefits Office and CalPERS and are separate from the program calculations for the Unit 4 (APC) Long-Term Service Bonus.