Welcome to BEACH Magazine

I grew up in Long Beach, so CSULB was my natural college choice. Like many of our students, I’m a first-generation college-going child of immigrants who appreciated my educational opportunities they didn’t have.

My undergraduate years were wonderful, meeting new friends including my husband, Gary Ambrose ’77, and studying journalism and marketing. I later earned an M.A. in instructional systems technology and when a CSULB job opened up, I was thrilled to return.

I’m constantly impressed by the caliber of our faculty’s teaching, research and creative endeavors; our students’ enthusiasm for learning and making a positive difference; and our incredible alumni whose education here set them on the path to success. The extended CSULB family touches so many aspects of Southern California life that if it weren’t for our campus, the region would indeed be a very different place.

And while our university has grown physically and in excellence, that growth comes at a cost. Facilities, scholarships, technology, academic programs and community service are just a few of the areas that need additional funding beyond what California supplies.

There perhaps is no more important gift than education. Join us in declaring your support for Cal State Long Beach and opportunities for future generations by making a gift at www.csulb.edu/ideclare.

I Declare I’m a proud CSULB alumna.

Sincerely,

2Anne_Ambrose_Sig
Anne (Junak) Ambrose ’76, ’90
Editor

Return to Top of Page