Best of the Beach
The greatest resource of any organization is its staff. The Best of the Beach program recognizes state-side employees whose service, professionalism, performance and leadership exemplify CSULB’s mission, values and strategic priorities.
We encourage nominations from anyone — this is an easy way to say “Thank You” and acknowledge the contributions of our colleagues at The Beach!
Examples of contributions worthy of recognition can include, and are not limited to:
- Performs exemplary work or support for a special event or campus function
- Positively influences others in working towards departmental/organizational objectives
- Provides a unique level of service that breaks down boundaries and/or creates new relationships to improve the way work gets done
- Consistently provides high quality, reliable work and serves as a role model to others in the process
- Demonstrates a steady willingness to improve work situations without prompting or fanfare
- Invests time and effort in creating a sense of team, by building bridges for individuals or groups to come together as active participants
- Develops innovative solutions to business challenges, which help improve the way work gets accomplished
- Demonstrates and encourages an inclusive culture of respect, collegiality, and civility
- Fosters collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues and members of the campus community
Any state-side staff member or HEERA manager (MPP) (Student assistants and faculty are not eligible)
To nominate eligible staff, complete the Nomination Form
Each nominee will receive a certificate, copy of the nomination, a CSULB promotional item, and recognition on the Best of the Beach website.