Employee of the Month - January - 2021
Awarded Monday, January 25, 2021 via Zoom virtual celebration
Daniel Carlos - The Career Development Center, Division of Student Affairs - Internship and Job Development Specialist
Daniel Carlos is an Internship and Job Development Specialist in the Career Development Center. Daniel has patiently waited for a virtual Zoom ceremony. He was originally scheduled for an on-campus ceremony on Friendship Walk back on March 26, 2020!
Daniel was recognized by his colleagues as an essential part of the majority of all major Career Center events on campus during the previous Fall semester, all while doing his ongoing duties of engaging employers, approving jobs, and supporting internship initiatives.
A colleague specifically noted: “In all events he's been a positive, motivating role model and team member. It's been inspiring to see the level of engagement and support his work has done this semester to impact the lives of many hundreds of our students through engaging programming.”
- "Meet the Employers" event engaging 4 employers on campus meeting students and sharing job opportunities.
- Represented the Career Development Center along with the director and other staff in an hour-long interview w/ President Conoley: Beach TV No Barriers - Carrer Development Center (YouTube)
- Planned/organized/hosted the Sports Industry Spotlight engaging over 150 students with employers from the LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Angeles, LA Chargers, and LA Football Club.
- Co-organizer and career staff coordinator for the Fall Career Closet Pop up event engaging just under 500 students with free professional clothing.
- Co-planner of the third Internship Academy session engaging 40+ students with engagement from 5 local employers.